MUFFINS CARROTS AND PECANS
These muffins have a crazy texture, they are now my favorite ones.
How did I create them?
I wanted to make a cake with the scraps of the extractor, so give a life to these scraps instead of throwing them away. Have you ever made a fruit or vegetable extract and have to throw away the pulp because you didn’t know how to use it?
I have decided to try to make a dessert. The result .. amazing. The consistency .. the taste .. of the product improves markedly.
I decided to do this test with carrots, I washed them well, cut them into pieces and put them in the juicer extractor.
The extractor I use is the Optimum 400 Evolve from the Froothie brand, and if you use the Alessia15 code you can get a discount on all their products: DISCOVER HERE
From the extractor I then obtained the juice plus the waste/pulp, which however is not really waste. I used both in the recipe, but if, for example, you make carrot extract because you want to drink it, you can then replace the juice in the recipe with water or milk, and then use only the pulp.
Also watch the video to see how I made them.
- 350 g carrots (from which you’ll get 150 g juice e 160 g pulp)
- 105 g sunflower seed oil
- 100 g brown sugar
- 240 g cake flour
- 6 g baking powder
- 80 g pecans (to add into the mixture)
- 35 g pecans (to place over the muffin)
- put the carrots in the extractor to obtain juice and pulp
- pour the juice into a bowl, add oil and sugar and mix with a whisk
- add the pulp and mix
- add sifted flour and baking powder and mix well
- at the end also add the chopped pecans
- pour into the muffin mold, add the second part of chopped pecans, on top of the mixture
- bake at about 170 ° C for 13-14 minutes. Time and temperature change from oven to oven.