BANANA PANCAKES no refined sugars
How to make some easy and quick vegan pancakes, but without sacrificing the taste?
- Uses a good vegetable milk, my favorite is the vanilla flavored soy milk (brand Alpro in Italy).
- Use a fruit (not watery), adding fruit is always good and gives flavor, moreover bananas are excellent substitutes for eggs to give structure to cakes.
- Do not give up the sugary part if you use a good sweetener. I chose INTEGRAL cane sugar / BROWN SUGAR (not to be confused with the beige-colored raw cane sugar): it doesn’t undergo chemical refining such as white and raw cane sugar, it is a dark brown sugar, with a moist consistency and floury and small grains. Being made up of molasses, it has a particular and intense smell and taste, which can recall caramel and licorice. In cakes it retains moisture so it makes the products more humid and softer. For these reasons I chose it for my pancakes.
- Add extra flavorings, such as vanilla or citrus peel.
- You can also add seeds, walnuts or almonds for a bit of crunchiness.
INGREDIENTS FOR 10 PANCAKES:
- 135 g banana (1 big);
- 25 g brown sugar = INTEGRAL cane sugar;
- 250 g vanilla soy milk;
- 25 g coconut oil;
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste;
- 200 g all purpose flour;
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda;
- 1/2 tsp baking powder.
1 – In a bowl, press the banana with a fork until it is pureed, add the sugar, milk, coconut oil, vanilla and mix with a whisk. Add the powders previously sieved together and mix.
2 – Heat a non-stick pan and melt a little coconut oil or Dairy free butter.
3 – With an ice cream scoop, or a ladle, pour a ladle of mixture into the pan. When bubbles start to appear on the surface, turn it on the other side with a spatula, then wait a couple of minutes until it’s browned. It will take a total of 4/5 min depending on the size of your pancakes.
4 – Serve warm and sprinkled with icing sugar or maple syrup or whatever you prefer!!