- 200 g plain flour (type 00)
- 90 g water
- 16 g olive oil
- 1 g salt
- 2 big apples
- 40 g cane sugar
- 80 g breadcrumbs
- 62 g margarine (vegan butter) or coconut oil (+ extra to brush)
- 40 g pine nuts
- vegetable milk to brush
- icing sugar to dust
- Prepare the dough, weight everything in a bowl and mix for 10 minutes by hands, until a nice and smooth ball form.
- Let it rest at room T for 45 min covered with a tea towel.
- Prepare the filling, peel and core the apples. Cut them in 4 and then in slices. Add the sugar and the pine nuts, keep it aside.
- In a sauce pan melt the margarine and add the breadcrumbs, keep it aside.
- Melt some extra margarine to brush the dough.
- Take the dough and start rolling it with a rolling pin, then place the tea towel under the dough and stretch it until it’s very thin (watch video).
- Brush the margarine all over the dough, then add the mixture of breadcrumbs and spread it all over. Add the apples then roll the strudel with the help of the tea towel. Close well the edges.
- Brush with some milk and sprinkle some extra sugar. Make some cuts with a knife.
- Bake at 180°C for about 35/40 minutes.
Let it cool at room T, dust some icing sugar and store it at room T under a glass bell or a container for a couple of days.