Simple and delicious, battered apples are perfect for breakfast or a snack.
- 3 apples
- 130 g flour 00
- 200 g vegetable milk
- 40 g caster sugar
- 5 g baking
- pinch of cinnamon
- vegan butter (for the cooking)
- icing sugar
- Wash the apples, remove the stalks and the core and then cut them into slices about 1 cm thick. Or cut into slices and then with a cutter remove the core.
- In a bowl weigh the flour, baking, cinnamon and sugar, mix with a whisk and then slowly add the milk, stirring constantly.
- Heat a pan and melt a tsp of veg butter.
- Dip the apples in the batter, drain the excess and then put in the pan. Allow to brown for a couple of minutes then turn the apple slice and brown on the other side as well.
- Sprinkle the apples with icing sugar.
It is advisable to eat them during the day, preferably when still warm. Alternatively, store in an airtight container for 2 days in the refrigerator.